Wednesday, December 16, 2015

We say goodbye to Heather McMahon

Hello - it's Heather McMahon here with my last Off The Rails post. I have enjoyed my time here and I'd like to thank Amanda Sousa so much for having me in her team.
Today I want to show you how you can use up leftover sprays. Firstly, here's my layout:



This is my niece's gorgeous kitten, Billie, who has since turned into an equally gorgeous cat. Any kitten that happily spends Christmas Day wearing tinsel has to have character!


Here's how I used my leftover spray.....



Whenever you spray through a stencil, keep a sheet of white (or coordinating coloured) cardstock nearby. After spraying, flip the stencil over and stamp it onto the cardstock. I have only used one colour and stencil here but you can use multiple colours and multiple stencils on the one cardstock for easy and unique backgrounds.

Here's how I then created my layout.....
Sponge pink and blue ink through a Dusty Attic stencil.



Paint the chippie pieces.



Mount chippies, paper and photos onto the page.



Tuck some gauze behind the photo, add a tag and thread and the first part of the title.



Add a strip of paper at the top and glue a line of beads underneath. Glue scattered beads in place. Add the chippie title, a butterfly and sequins for a bit more Christmas bling. Don't forget to add your journalling!



Here are some closeups.....





Here's the stunning mood board that I used for this project. I love that it's Christmassy without using traditional Christmas colours. I hope you can join in this month!



Thank you for sharing this journey with me. Wishing you all the very best for Christmas and for a safe and happy 2016.


Happy scrappin'!


Heather McMahon

2 comments :