Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Altering chipboard with Tania

Hi there!

Tania joining you today and I thought I would share a few quick and simple ideas with you all on how I like to alter my chipboard with different mediums :) this is just a few, there is so many ways!

You can use so many different products to alter your chipboard and here's just a few that I have tried out.........

First up a nice and easy one your good old Sprays or Mists!  I have to say you don't always get great coverage when just spraying directly onto your chipboard, the type of spray varies your coverage, I have actually found that applying gesso first helps a great deal as it gives the sprays something to bond too!


This is another easy one, applying paint directly to your chipboard simple and fast way to alter it and give you the colour you want.
  

Next up using alcohol inks!  With this one I added one colour over the entire piece of chipboard with the alcohol applicator and then used one of the metallic inks and randomly applied it with the applicator, love the affect of this one.
  

Time for a bit of shimmer, another easy one too, cover your chipboard piece with Glossy Accents and while still wet apply your glitter over the entire piece!  You can used any type of glitter I used some chunky glitter on this piece.  SO pretty don't you think?
  

Using your good old embossing powder is another great way to add a little texture and effect to your chipboard too.  Sometimes I will colour my chipboard first with a medium and then add some clear embossing powder, but most of the time I just add a coloured embossing powder!
  

The last one to share that is a favourite is to colour my chipboard first with a medium and then stamp over top!  I just love the effect that it gives! 


Well that's all from me, I hope this has inspired you a little to play around and have fun altering your chipboard!  As I said so simple and easy but gives your some great effects...........

Until next time Tania xx

1 comment :