Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Paper flower tutorial with Julie

Hi everyone.

Today I am going to share how I make one of my favourite flowers.

I saw a tutorial for this on YouTube some years ago and I just loved it and I must say I still use it to this day. I can't remember who posted the video but I am so glad I stumbled across it.

You will need the following supplies:-

The die is Tim Holtz Tattered Florals. If you do not have this die try it with different dies that cut a 6 petal flower and a spiky flower.

Also instead of the glue I quite often use my hot glue gun because it is instant.

The flower takes about half a sheet of paper.


You will need to cut 3 of the large broad petaled flower and 2 of the spiky petaled flower.


With your scissors cut between the petals of the large flowers towards the centre without cutting the petals off.


Ink all of the edges of all of the petals including where you have cut into the flower. This step can be deleted if you don't like the inked look


With a small round tool, I used my hole poker but you could use a bamboo skewer or toothpick, roll the edges of all the petals on the larger flowers


Fold the petals of the spikes flowers in half so you have the right side showing


Using the same tool that you used to fold the large petals over, wrap the petals of the spiky flower around the tool. Wind in alternate directions as you move around the flower until all petals are curled


This is what you should have now. We are ready to assemble the flower.


I have used my hot glue gun. Attach one of the large flowers on top of another being sure to stagger the petals


Repeat for the third flower.


Push down in the centre of the flower as you a sticking the layers together so you get a nice depth to your flower


Attach the spiky flowers to the centre of your flower, one on top of the other.


You can then add some gems to the middle of the flower if you wish. They are not very noticeable and sometimes I do not add them.


For the flower below I used a different paper for the centre.


And for this flower I have used double sided paper and a different paper for one of the large petal layers.


I am sure there are many different combinations you could try with your papers and this flower.
Give it a go. I'd love to see what you create.

Till next time
Hugs
Julie


3 comments :

  1. great flower Julie. I have that die sitting neglected in my cupboard!
    might just give this a go!! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flower! I love making my own flowers and will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beuatiful! Thanks for sharing!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete